Friday, February 28, 2014

Seventh Week

This week I assumed the role of training assistant for the Center for Conflict Resolution while the current training assistant was on vacation. During this time I acted as the central nervous system of sorts for the Center for Conflict Resolution, greeting mediation trainees, mediators, and parties arriving for mediation while also consolidating rsvp's from sponsors and guests for the Center's 35th Anniversary Gala. During this time I have further honed my ability to multi-task working on several different projects at once while also doing my best to support the rest of the staff with their duties and daily tasks. While in this new position for the Center for Conflict Resolution, I have achieved a more substantial understanding of the organizational scheme for the Center as a whole as acting as the central hub of the center. Furthermore I have become extremely interested in mediation after speaking with several mediators conducting a training exercise after seeing the varying careers and backgrounds of individuals and also speaking with them regarding the career paths available to one with a mediation background. One of the most fascinating is an individual that used his experience in mediation to get into contracting work in which he offered mediation services between Afghans and the US Military in Afghanistan. In discovering this my decision to establish the foundation of my mediation skills and training with small scale domestic conflict resolution has been assured and will undoubtedly create a strong base before for me to build upon in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment