Sunday, February 9, 2014

Third/ Fourth Week

After the absurdly cold arctic temperatures shortened my work week last week, I decided to consolidate last week with this week. Though the icy grip of winter has not let up at all work must continue in preparation for the 35th Annual Gala. Over the last week and a half I began to tackle the Center's digitization project in which I am transferring a host of VHS tapes and DVDs containing training videos and aids used for mediation training into digital format and published via YouTube. In doing this the Center for Conflict Resolution will be able to not only consolidate the bulk of its training videos but also provide universal access to the material to all of its mediators regardless of time or place. Additionally I have put my archival experience into practice as I have been reorganizing the filing system for each of CCR's volunteer mediators past and present. This smaller project is more or less merely a re-consolidation and a reassessment of the organizational schematic used by the Center for Conflict Resolution and will in theory make the organization of volunteer mediators  and their personal information more efficiently stored as well as accessible. In the coming weeks, I hope to continue my digitization process while at the same time creating detailed synopses of the training aids already posted on YouTube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment